I’m joined this week on the podcast by writer, social media specialist and fellow Janeite, Rachel Amber Bloom.
Rachel gives me a crash course in the Star Trek fandom, we compare favorite childhood books, and we of course talk at length about all things Jane Austen, from favorite novels, to the dearth of non-Pride & Prejudice fanfic, to Emma adaptation rankings (spoiler: we both put Clueless at the top).
Listen to Rachel on the podcast Masks and Mayhem.
Books Discussed on the Episode
- Star Trek Deep Space Nine: A Stitch in Time by Andrew Robinson
- Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis
- No Offense and No Judgments by Meg Cabot
- What I Like About You by Marisa Kanter
- Emma, Northanger Abbey, Pride & Prejudice, and Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
- The Austen Years by Rachel Cohen
- The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot
- The Doll People by Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin
- The Baby-Sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Wildwood by Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis
- Home by Carson Ellis
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
For Further Exploration
Lindsay Ellis on YouTube
This list of Jewish Young Adult books that are NOT about the Holocaust
Emma as a mystery novel
A look at the production design of the 2020 Emma
The 25th Anniversary of Clueless was a few weeks ago.
This list of picture books for grown-ups
Listen to new episodes of the Rhonda With A Book podcast every Tuesday and get exclusive bonus content through Patreon. Thanks for listening and happy reading!