This week on the podcast I’m joined by Bre, also known as the Loc’d Booktician, for a reader chat. Bre is a Booktuber and Bookstagrammer who has created a spooky October reading challenge called Black-Oween-Athon. She gives a little insight into how and why she created this readathon, and we of course talk about current reads, favorite books and the one book that turned Bre into a reader for life.
Thanks again to Bre for stopping by for this reader chat!
Follow Bre online:
Read my post from earlier this week with the full prompts for Black-Oween-Athon and some of my recommendations!
Books we discussed:
- My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- Black Noir by various authors, ed. Otto Penzler
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennet
- Out by Natsuo Kirino
- House of Whispers by Neil Gaiman
- Magic Blessings by Alice Hoffman
- Daughters of Jubilation by Kara Lee Corthron
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi
- The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
- The Death of Vivek Oji, Pet, and Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
- This is My America by Kim Johnson
- Heaven, My Home by Attica Locke
- The Black Mage by Daniel Barnes and DJ Kirkland
- A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Escaping Exodus by Nicky Drayden
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
- The Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries series Kerry Greenwood
- Author Tiffany Jackson
- When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole
- The Companion by Katie Alender
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
Listen to new episodes of the Rhonda With A Book podcast every Thursday, and get exclusive bonus content through my Patreon! Thanks for listening, and as always, Happy Reading!